- We are pleased to announce the introduction of Writing Prompts! Sometimes, you just get stuck about what to write about. For those times, you can use the new writing prompts functionality of Life Journal. The writing templates button now provides a drop down. The first button in the dropdown still works the same as the templates manager - and will allow you to insert a writing template (or create/edit your own template). The second button will insert a random writing prompt into your entry text. If you don't like the prompt that is inserted, just click the button again and the prompt will be replaced with another prompt. Over 600 prompts are included in the application - and we intend to add more as we go.
- For users without a location sensor on their PC we provided a mechanism to capture your default latitude/longitude in the Settings screen. This required you to figure out what your Latitude and Longitude were. We are pleased to now provide you with an integrated mechanism to capture the Latitude and Longitude by just providing your address. Just enter your address and click the location button, and we will get the Latitude and Longitude from Google Maps. Note that the defaults are not required if your system has a location sensor - in this case, your current location and address are automatically shown (and are non-editable).
Enhancements / Other Improvements
- Improvements to the main screen to correctly show/hide the extended menus (drop down call out panels).
- Implemented appropriate URL encoding for internet calls (for location, weather, etc.). Should not make any visible difference, but is now more reliable.
- Fixed an issue in the Settings screen where under some rare circumstances, the settings would be saved, but not applied to the main screen.
- Fixed a bug in the processing of entries containing some special characters - which would make you lose your place in the editor (on auto saves) and not correctly represent the entry text.
- Fixed a bug with the functionality of getting the image's date/time which was giving an error. It should now work fine and get the image's date/time if available in the EXIF data.
Important NoteExisting customers of Life Journal (on the Shopify store) will get an email in their inbox with a link to download the installer for the latest version of Life Journal. We also deploy the app at the same time to the Windows 10 App Store. Please note however, that it can take between 2-5 business days for the application update to show up on the Windows store since it has to undergo a stringent certification and deployment process (managed by Microsoft).
This is an in-place upgrade - which means that you simply download and run the installer and it will update the application. Your existing settings and data will not be affected in any way. If, for some reason, you do not get an email from us (please check your SPAM folder!), just contact us and we will get you sorted out.