- Implemented a button in the About screen to rate and review the app. If you are enjoying using the app, we would very much appreciate it if you took a moment to rate and review the application - it really helps others discover Life Journal (and encourages us too!).
Enhancements / Other Improvements
- The Import functionality for DO Journal data has been enhanced to check if the entries being imported are encrypted. Remember: If importing data from DO Journal, always decrypt the data in DO Journal first before running the import in Life Journal.
- Implemented code to always restore the Writing Templates from the original install. Some users were accidentally deleting them and it was difficult to restore them manually.
- Some users are having issues with a missing Writing Prompts file. This is due to a bug where the Writing Prompts file was not being found correctly by the app in some circumstances. This has now been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the last sync date/time was being reset randomly when the app closed (causing unnecessary sync actions on next startup).
Important NoteExisting customers of Life Journal (on the Shopify store) will get an email in their inbox with a link to download the installer for the latest version of Life Journal. We also deploy the app at the same time to the Windows 10 App Store. Please note however, that it can take between 2-5 business days for the application update to show up on the Windows store since it has to undergo a stringent certification and deployment process (managed by Microsoft).
This is an in-place upgrade - which means that you simply download and run the installer and it will update the application. Your existing settings and data will not be affected in any way. If, for some reason, you do not get an email from us (please check your SPAM folder!), just contact us and we will get you sorted out.