Enhancements / Other Improvements
- Significant updates to drive OSX compatibility (Life Journal will be coming to Mac OSX shortly!)
- Used UTF-8 format when exporting data, saving and loading templates and loading prompts
- An updated Prompts file (UTF8 format)
- Minor UI improvements related to layout and presentation of information
- Performance improvements when loading the Location Viewer
- Optimizations to rendering entries selected in the Timeline view
- Multiple, minor enhancements to performance during initial loading of entries
- Minor, proactive code enhancements to improve robustness and reliability
- Identified and fixed a bug that could cause the app to crash when closing the Location Viewer while the map is being loaded.
- One of our users was unable to sync data to Day One because their data was in a Journal_dayone folder (instead of the typical Journal.dayone folder). The app has now been updated to check for both locations and use whichever one is available.
About the UpdateExisting customers of Life Journal (purchased from the beautifullifeapps.com store) will be prompted to download and install the latest version of Life Journal the next time you run Life Journal (in-place upgrade). Users that purchased the app from the Microsoft App Store will get updates via the store as usual.
Important Note: This auto update capability requires that you have v22.214.171.124 or later of Life Journal installed. If you do not have this version, please contact us and we will send you a link to the most current installer.
We also deploy the app at the same time to the Windows 10 App Store. Please note however, that it can take between 2-5 business days for the application update to show up on the Windows store since it has to undergo a stringent certification and deployment process (managed by Microsoft).