Enhancements / Other Improvements
- Added hints to the counts displayed in the status bar (search queries)
- Image attachment file selection dialog now shows all supported image formats as the default - so you can pick from JPG, PNG or BMP formats.
- Improved the search and display algorithm so that the first entry in the Timeline (search results) always gets selected and rendered.
- Autosave of entries now triggers every 20 seconds. Entries also get auto saved when you change entries in the timeline or when you close the app.
- Minor improvements to the performance of loading entries.
- Rolled back one of the changes introduced in the last release that was causing an Access Violation error for some of our European customers.
- Fixed an issue wherein an Out of Range error was being shown under certain search scenarios.
- Sometimes, when an image was added to an entry, or a search was performed, the thumbnail showed up above the text (obscuring it) in the Timeline view. This has been fixed.
- The Timeline view was not correctly grouping entries by month. This has also now been rectified.
About the UpdateExisting customers of Life Journal (purchased from the beautifullifeapps.com store) will be prompted to download and install the latest version of Life Journal the next time you run Life Journal (in-place upgrade). Users that purchased the app from the Microsoft App Store will get updates via the store as usual.
Important Note: This auto update capability requires that you have v18.104.22.168 or later of Life Journal installed. If you do not have this version, please contact us and we will send you a link to the most current installer.
We also deploy the app at the same time to the Windows 10 App Store. Please note however, that it can take between 2-5 business days for the application update to show up on the Windows store since it has to undergo a stringent certification and deployment process (managed by Microsoft).