- Introduced buttons on the Settings screen to allow resetting the last sync date/time for Dropbox and Day One (to be used only when there is a mismatch in the synced entries)
Enhancements / Other Improvements
- About form now has hints for everything and Instagram link is now active. Form now also defaults to first tab when opened.
- Swipe to delete functionality in List view now prompts to use the delete button (instead of deleting the entry)
- Enhanced the UI to now allow for scrolling of the list using the keyboard
- Minor improvements to the sync code for Dropbox and Day One (more stringent exception handling for file operations)
- Code optimization and cleanup
- We found a rare bug where the app would crash at startup (esp. if there were inbound unsynced entries). We have made some changes to the code and will keep monitoring if it happens again.
- When we introduced the help & support button in the last release, we had forgotten to change the position of the call out panel for data import. That has now been addressed to correctly align with the data import button.
- Fixed a bug in the settings screen where the screen would still close even if there were data validation errors
Note for DO Journal Users:In case you missed our previous email, we have a special offer for DO Journal customers that are looking to upgrade to Life Journal. You can upgrade to Life Journal and we will rebate back the price you paid for DO Journal against your Life Journal purchase price (as a refund). We have already included a mechanism for you to import your existing DO Journal data into Life Journal (along with all of the goodness, such as data encryption). Learn more about this offer and upgrade today!
Important NoteExisting customers of Life Journal (on the Shopify store) will get an email in their inbox with a link to download the installer for the latest version of Life Journal. We also deploy the app at the same time to the Windows 10 App Store. Please note however, that it can take between 2-5 business days for the application update to show up on the Windows store since it has to undergo a certification and deployment process (managed by Microsoft).
This is an in-place upgrade - which means that you simply download and run the installer and it will update the application. Your existing settings and data will not be affected in any way. If, for some reason, you do not get an email from us (please check your SPAM folder!), just contact us and we will get you sorted out.