- Significant enhancement to Dropbox sync - we now run fully bi-directional Dropbox Sync in the background to minimize the impact to your writing.
- Streamlined and improved the Day One Classic sync process to capture a few fringe scenarios in our effort to continue to make the sync process bulletproof.
- Implemented a better exception logging functionality that will provide detailed information to us regarding any errors you get. This will help us tremendously in more quickly identifying and resolving any issues. Please view the contact us page to see how you can submit a support request if you get any errors.
- We now deploy both a 32-bit and 64 bit version of the application to the Windows App Store. The store will correctly install the right version for your operating system. The Shopify store has always had this capability.
Enhancements / Other Improvements
- App now always checks to ensure that the necessary folders exist - and if not, it creates them.
- Entry creation, deletion and editing of entries should now be a bit smoother and faster than before
- Implemented cleanup of Life Journal image thumbnail on removal of the image
- Code optimization and cleanup
- Fixed an issue where the Starred Count and Image count could be misrepresented after an entry deletion.
- Fixed an issue with Day One sync where an unnecessary sync would occur (due to an image timestamp being incorrectly set)
- Found and fixed a rarely occuring defect related to Day One sync
Note for DO Journal Users:In case you missed our previous email, we have a special offer for DO Journal customers that are looking to upgrade to Life Journal. You can upgrade to Life Journal and we will rebate back the price you paid for DO Journal against your Life Journal purchase price (as a refund). We have already included a mechanism for you to import your existing DO Journal data into Life Journal (along with all of the goodness, such as data encryption).Learn more about this offer and upgrade today!
Important NoteExisting customers of Life Journal (on the Shopify store) will get an email in their inbox with a link to download the installer for the latest version of Life Journal. We also deploy the app at the same time to the Windows 10 App Store. Please note however, that it can take between 2-5 business days for the application update to show up on the Windows store since it has to undergo a certification and deployment process (managed by Microsoft).
This is an in-place upgrade - which means that you simply download and run the installer and it will update the application. Your existing settings and data will not be affected in any way. If, for some reason, you do not get an email from us (please check your SPAM folder!), just contact us and we will get you sorted out.