What is the Issue?
- Some customers have indicated that they see an issue with the thumbnails for an entry. The thumbnail looks distorted or completely black.
- This is typically associated with either a first time sync with Day One Classic data on Dropbox OR on a subsequent background sync event.
- It is typically observed when there are a lot of entries being synced.
- Note that your entry image is not damaged in any way - just the entry thumbnail image is distorted.
- Only a small percentage of thumbnails are affected.
How can I fix this?
- Close Life Journal if it is running
- Go to the Life Journal thumbnail data location.
- For customers that purchased the app via the Microsoft Windows 10 App Store, this is C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Packages\26883DOJournal.43895F8C1E0E5_576dr2wy16cc4\LocalCache\Roaming\Beautiful Life Apps\LifeJournal\Journal\photos\thumbs. NOTE: If you cannot find the folder marked 26883DOJournal.43895F8C1E0E5_576dr2wy16cc4 – look for something similar (e.g. 26883DOJournal.43895F8C1E0E5_x64_v1.2.5_576dr2wy16cc4)
- For users that purchased the app via beautifullifeapps.com, this is C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Beautiful Life Apps\LifeJournal\Journal\photos\thumbs. Remember to replace <user> with your Windows user id.